Thursday, February 18, 2010

Movies with theme songs in them part I


Thought I would have a little fun and post some theme songs from different movies, this was something that was done a lot during the 80s where practically every movie that came out had some kind of cheesy theme song to go along with it. Im a huge fan of some of them and so I thought some of you guys and gals out there might get a kick out of them. Hope you like em. Or at least laugh a little. Whenever possible, I posted the original music video. But since some of these videos are so old, some were not availabe. If it doesnt have the oginal video, then its probably some video somebody edited to the sound of the theme song which is still alright. But most of them are the original music video. So, enjoy! I will be posting another batch possibly tomorrow, so be on the look out for that!

The videos below come from the following movies:

Big Trouble in Little China (1986) as performed by the Coupe de Villes. That's John Carpenter on the base in case you are wondering!

J Geils Band performed the theme song for Fright Night (1985), pretty catchy song if you ask me!

Theme song for Monster Squad (1987). This one is a rap song performed by Michael Sembello.

The Addams Family (1991) Thats MC Hammer performing the 'Addams Groove'!

Vanilla Ice Sings 'Go Ninha Go Ninja Go!' on Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze (1991)!

Bill and Teds Bogus Journey's (1991) 'Shout It Out' by Slaughter

'On Our Own' from Ghostbusters 2 (1989) as performed by Bobby Brown!






8 comments:

Mr. Fiendish said...

I've seen TMNT II: Secret of the Ooze so many times that I know every line by heart. It was one of my favorites as a kid and I still love it, even with all it's flaws.

Franco Macabro said...

I saw both of these at the theater, the first two movies were events for me when I was a kid! I still love those movies. I mean whoever was a kid during the 90s will love them.

I remember, I couldnt believe they had actually pulled off a LIVE TMNT movie, I just couldnt believe it. Seeing the turtles walking and talking in live action was such a treat. I heard they were thinking of doing yet another live action one, I guess well have to wait and see, but Im all up for it.

Its kind of funny to think that Vanilla Ice was all the rave back in those days!

Manuel Marrero said...

Im glad you decided to feature this, very nostalgic. Dude you forgot more of the songs we were talking about, we better see more in the future.

Franco Macabro said...

Thats why it says "part I"

Part 2 of this special feature will be coming along probably tomorrow with more theme songs!

Simon said...

This seems to be a largely eighties thing, doesn't it?

Franco Macabro said...

Yeah, kicking it old school. LOL. Though the post isn't really entirely 80s, theres some 90s in there too.

I will be posting a couple more tomorrow, so come back and check it out!

Ha, I handnt noticed this, but the Bobby Brown Ghostbusters II video has a bunch of cameos! Christopher Reeves is in it running a bike, Michelle Pfifffer...even freaking Donald Trump appears!

mandolin picks said...

I love this post because these theme songs just bring back so much memories especially with that TMNT song. How my cousins and I loved to be ninjas because of this show. I also loved the Adams Family song. Again, thank you for this post.

Franco Macabro said...

Glad you enjoyed it Mandolin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails